Attendance at home athletic contests (Revised 1/13/21)
The Ripley County health department has approved an updated plan for attendance while the county’s Covid-19 metrics remain in RED status. Batesville Community School Corp. will still be restricted in regards to attendance at extracurricular events. These restrictions could vary from event to event.
Under the current RED classification, Batesville Community School Corp. sporting events will be limited to the following:
- Maximum of two (2) parent/guardians per player in attendance. Siblings of players may also attend, but are required to sit in the family unit.
- There will be a sign-in sheet at the door with the player’s name and the adults representing the player will sign in and pay admission. Siblings will also need to be signed in and pay admission. Siblings in grade three and under are admitted free.
- Anyone at risk or being symptomatic should refrain from attending.
- Band, cheerleaders and dance team will not be fully participating. Home team cheer and dance will be permitted to perform at halftimes and between games.
- Only the minimum number of workers and staff will be utilized.
- No students will be permitted to attend.
- Face coverings will be worn at all times, including workers and media personnel.
- Additional precaution recommended: When their child is not dressed to play for a game, parents should not be in attendance. For example, JV parents should leave after the JV game and parents of varsity players should only attend the varsity game.
The athletic department greatly appreciates the support of everyone for our athletic programs. We understand this does keep many fans from supporting our programs in person. If you are unable to attend the game, the athletic department is offering an online option for you to view our games.
The HOME games will be broadcast on our school YouTube channel “BHS Social Media” Simply, go online at youtube.com and search BHS Social Media. Scroll down the page and you will be able to access the games online.
In addition to our school broadcasts, always check the local media outlets.