Batesville Community School Corp. superintendent Paul Ketcham announced yesterday (June 16) that plans are in place to begin school as scheduled.
In addition, plans are in place for the re-entry to athletics and extra-curricular activities at Batesville High School beginning July 6. The Indiana Department of Education and the governor’s office released a set of recommendations specific to athletics and extra-curricular events as part of the IN-CLASS health and safety guide. The athletic department will be following those recommendations as well as state, federal and local guidelines as we re-enter in athletics during the month of July.
What does your son or daughter need prior to participation?
It will not look a lot different, but there is one new form to be completed. Three forms (see below) will need to be turned into the BHS athletic office prior to any participation. The forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to Batesville High School (Attn: Bryan Helvie) or dropped off on one of two designated days at the Main Entrance of BHS. The first date is June 29 (4-6 p.m.) and the second is July 2 (4-6 p.m.)
Student-athletes are required to have a physical on file prior to any participation. Physicals valid for the 2019-20 school year will be accepted for 2020-21. If we already have the 2019-20 physical on file, then you do not need to submit a new copy. If a student-athlete did not participate last year or elects to have a new physical completed, the IHSAA requires the “New” version of the form be used. In addition to the physical, the IHSAA Health History Update and Consent & Release Certificate is a supplement to the pre-participation physical. Completion of this supplement is required for athletics during the 2020-21 school year. The athletic department is also requiring a new Concussion Acknowledgement and Sudden Cardiac Arrest form for the 2020-21 school year.
Required for athletic participation during the 2020-21 school year:
1) IHSAA Pre-participation physical (valid for 2019-20 school year or newer version)
2) Concussion Acknowledgement and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
3) IHSAA Health History Update and Consent & Release Certificate
Links to documents:
1) Pre-participation physical – https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/1089/2015/05/09154116/2020-21-Physical-Form.pdf
2) Concussion Acknowledgement and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form – https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/1089/2015/05/29120104/Concussion-and-SCA-2019-2020.pdf
3) IHSAA Health History Update and Consent & Release Certificate – https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/1089/2015/05/08170303/IHSAA-Health-History-Update-Questionnaire-and-Consent-Release-Certificate-3-1.pdf